Outfit: Scream Queen

by - 08:00

Disclaimer: These photos were originally produced in collaboration with Sugar and Cream Vintage.
Click here to read my full disclosure policy.

Sugar and Cream Vintage

I originally had these photos taken as part of a collaboration I was involved in with Sugar and Cream Vintage, a vintage shop in Thailand. I was hoping to be able to share the pictures with you after the blog post I wrote for the company had been published on their blog, but as I'm not sure what the current situation is with that so I have decided to share the photos with you anyway as it seems a shame not to.

I put this outfit together around Hallowe'en last year, and was inspired by the style of the dress and my newly acquired spider backseam tights to try something a bit gothabilly or psychobilly in nature. I know that my style normally tends towards classic vintage, but as regular readers might know I was briefly a (very substandard) goth in my early teens and still really enjoy that aesthetic. I'm also a casual fan of psychobilly and modern rockabilly music, and I dabbled a little bit in a much more modern rockabilly kind of look when I first started transitioning to a vintage wardrobe.

At the time I really liked the look of giant suicide rolls, acid green hair, sleeve tattoos and plenty of leopard print - and although this didn't end up being the type of "vintage" look that ultimately suited me to actually wear on a daily basis, I'd still really enjoy doing it for a photoshoot or other event. I'd really like to get to Whitby Goth Weekend one year (I was hoping this year as one of my favourite bands, Abney Park, are playing but it's unfortunately a really long way to travel for me), and I'd definitely love to wear a gothabilly or psychobilly look for that.

Sugar and Cream Vintage

Sugar and Cream Vintage

Anyway, I really enjoyed adding a few spooky touches to this outfit but I think it still retains enough of my usual look that it doesn't look too different to my other outfits. I believe the dress may be from the 1980s, and I quite like the unusual off-centre buttons on the front. I think with a bit of creative makeup it would make a passable female Beetlejuice costume for one Hallowe'en if I needed a costume. The dress isn't really warm enough to wear while we're still in the middle of winter as it's a fairly lightweight chiffon-y type material (although maybe I could get away with it with a polo neck underneath?), but I'm interested to see how else I might be able to style it later in the year. I have a feeling that I'll be tempted to pair it with the spider accessories every time - to me it's just asking to be a little bit spooky.

Sugar and Cream Vintage

Sugar and Cream Vintage

Sugar and Cream Vintage

Wearing:
Dress - c/o Sugar and Cream Vintage | Bolero - Lindy Bop
Belt - Primark | Shoes - Deichmann | Tights - Lidl, at Hallowe'en last year
Other accessories - gifts/high street

Sugar and Cream Vintage




Let's get social!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This outfit is all kinds of perfect. You absolutely nailed it with the spider-tights! Love it!
    x Angela // www.missangellane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love the tights, they definitely add a special something to the outfit.

      Delete