Anna in Leopard Print

by - 09:00

Disclaimer: This dress was provided free of charge in exchange for a blog post by Dolly and Dotty. All opinions are my own.
Click here to read my full disclosure policy.

Dolly and Dotty 'Anna'

You may have noticed by now that I'm quite a fan of Dolly and Dotty clothing. This sunny yellow 'Anna' dress is the latest addition to my collection, and I'm quite smitten with it. It's available in a variety of colours but I really liked the yellow when I saw it, although I wasn't sure how well the colour would suit me. I'm pleased to report I'm really happy with how it looks, and I'm looking forward to bringing this dress out more and more as the weather improves.

I wasn't sure what colours would work best for my cardigan and accessories as yellow isn't a colour that appears very often in my wardrobe. After some consideration I decided on leopard print and I'm so glad I did. I'm not sure what it is about the leopard print that sets the yellow off so well, but I do really like how it looks. I even happen to own a leopard print bow that I decided to put in my hair; it's rare for me to have everything so well matched but I love it when things come together so perfectly.

Dolly and Dotty 'Anna'

Dolly and Dotty 'Anna'

Again with this dress I went for a UK size 10, as I do struggle with being a bit in between sizes for Dolly and Dotty clothing. As the 10 is just a bit too big for me (but more comfortable to wear than an 8), I've just cinched in the waist a bit with a belt. I'm also wearing the dress with a non-padded What Katie Did bullet bra in these photos, but it's quite possible that the fit would be better if I opted for a modern padded bra instead.

The dress isn't lined, although some of my other dresses from Dolly and Dotty are, so I'm also wearing a cream slip underneath just to help with the way the dress hangs and to combat any possibility the dress being a bit see-through. However, I almost always wear slips under my dresses regardless of whether or not they are lined, and since the material on this dress is not too flimsy anyway, I'm not sure that it necessarily would be see-through even though it's a very light colour.

Dolly and Dotty 'Anna'

Dolly and Dotty 'Anna'

I definitely don't think this will be the last Dolly and Dotty dress to make it's way into my wardrobe. Although I really enjoy wearing genuine vintage items, my wardrobe at the moment does contain a lot of repro stuff purely because of it being much more practical for my lifestyle. At the moment Dolly and Dotty designs are some of my favourites and their clothing is really affordable, which makes it ideal for me. The website describes this as a party dress; to me it's more of a day dress but I suppose it depends where your threshold for party dresses lies! It's possible I have a somewhat warped judgement of what is considered daywear as I know a lot of people consider girls who dress vintage to be very 'dressed up'. I do think that has more to do with the very casual style of dress that's most popular in society now rather than us actually being overdressed. I've found a skirt and heels for some reason puts the fear of God into some people, which I sort of like. Fear me, for I am Woman. This particular dress is 95% cotton though, so not what I'd consider a fancy fabric or anything like that. It has enough weight to hang really nicely without a petticoat, and although you could put a petticoat under this, I personally probably wouldn't wear a petticoat with this style as it's not the fullest of skirts and I think you'd start to lose the gathered/pleated detail if you tried to give it too much fluff.

Dolly and Dotty 'Anna'

Dolly and Dotty 'Anna'


Anyway, that's all for now! Let me know in the comments what you think of this dress and whether you own any clothing from Dolly and Dotty, and in the meantime don't forget to swing by and say hi on my social media. See you there!


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love this dress - it looks great on you - and I would like one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd definitely recommend this one, it's super sweet.

      Delete
  2. What fantastic hair, love your vintage style.

    1950s Menswear @ umhomemnacidade.com

    ReplyDelete