Outfit: Hedge Fund

by - 08:30

Disclaimer: These photos were originally produced in collaboration with Sugar and Cream Vintage.
Click here to read my full disclosure policy.


Today I have a second set of photos for you that were also produced in collaboration with Sugar and Cream Vintage. You can see the first set here. However, before we proceed any further I would like to issue you all with a warning - there is extreme paleness incoming. My skin is blindingly white in these photos. I'm a pale girl anyway, but for whatever reason it seems extra obvious in these particular pictures so I advise donning a pair of (vintage) sunglasses before reading any further. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused! 

Sugar and Cream Vintage

Sugar and Cream Vintage

This is another dress I believe is probably from the 1970s or 80s, but due to the shape and overall style is perfect for recreating 1940s/50s looks. Obviously the way I've styled it here is not a faithful reproduction of a style from any particular decade so much as it is just a general vintage look, but with the right accessories and styling it could look very authentic. In the future I'm planning on changing the buttons as I think a different set could lend an even more authentic mid-century look to the dress.

I'm still wearing these boots with almost everything; they're an absolute joy to wear and a real statement piece to own. In particular I like the texture of the leather over woolly tights - and that has the double benefit of keeping me nice and warm in the winter. Of course the jacket has also been a real favourite ever since I found it, or rather I think it found me in rather the same way that the wand chooses the wizard. I love the colour, the shape, and the texture, and it goes with so much in my wardrobe. The faux fur collar is removable but even though I've owned jackets with similar collars before and I've almost always worn them exclusively without the fur, I've yet to remove the fur from this one as apparently the jacket has the power to make me appreciate features that I didn't used to like. In short, this might actually be the most perfect jacket ever. 

Sugar and Cream Vintage

Sugar and Cream Vintage

Wearing:
Dress - c/o Sugar and Cream Vintage | Jacket - Dorothy Perkins via charity shop
Boots - 1970s/80s vintage from Beyond Retro | Tights - Primark
Belt - borrowed from a pair of trousers

To finish off for today, here's a picture of me sitting slightly awkwardly on this pretty cool sculpture. Very Alice in Wonderland, isn't it?


Sugar and Cream Vintage

Let's get social!

You May Also Like

4 comments