Outfit: Sparkle, Baby

by - 09:30

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I know we are mid-way through January already but I'm still working my way through a few photos from around Christmas time. This particular outfit is what I chose to wear for New Year's Day, and although I was just spending it at home with my family, I still like to take any opportunity I can to dress up.

As it was New Year, I decided on something a little bit sparkly. This 1950s skirt is another one that normally only comes out at Christmas time, as I don't get the opportunity to go out to many fancy places throughout the year. I've seen another similar skirt online that I would love to buy (normally I'd try and avoid buying two things that are so similar but in this case it somehow makes me want it even more) but as it would sit unworn in my wardrobe the majority of the time it doesn't seem worth it.

Of course for shoes I couldn't resist wearing my new babies, my Lulu Hun "Ella" boots. I haven't forgotten the blog post I mentioned which will have lots more information and better pictures of these. That will be coming as soon as I'm able to swap back to my DSLR as I feel the boots deserve better than grainy pictures done with my old point-and-shoot camera.

I don't make New Year's resolutions as I never manage to stick to them, but let me know in the comments if you made any and how you're doing with them so far!

Wearing:
Skirt - 1950s vintage | Top - old, high street somewhere
Jacket and boots - Collectif Clothing | Jewellery - gifts/high street
Head piece - made from a Christmas decoration

Let's get social!

You May Also Like

2 comments