Outfit: Country Club

by - 08:30

vintage winter outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

vintage winter outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

Mist and Frost

vintage winter outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

vintage winter outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

Mist and Frost

vintage winter outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

Well this post is a total throwback for me, as it's the first I've done in a very long time using my old point-and-shoot camera instead of my DSLR. I had completely forgotten how much more difficult it is to get in-focus photos using the self timer on this camera compared to using my remote for my DSLR. I've been completely spoiled! Also, every dog walker and jogger apparently wanted to use that path at the same time I was trying to take my photos, and I never have got over my fear/embarrassment of having other people see me taking photos with my tripod.

Anyway, this is the outfit that I originally wore on Boxing Day this year, but I ended up having to retake the photos as it was so windy on Boxing Day that I just ended up looking a mess. I do like how the frost and the mist in the photos looks though, so my much neater hair is not the only reason I prefer these photos. I don't think the point-and-shoot camera does too bad a job overall - I do prefer the quality of the DSLR photos even though I never really learned how to use it to its full potential.

This outfit features a couple of my most favourite items of clothing, which I'm sure you will recognise if you've ever read my blog before - my old standby 70s wool skirt and a newer purchase, my gorgeous Dorothy Perkins jacket that I got from my favourite charity shop in Portsmouth. I love neutral coloured outfits at the time of year as well as playing with mixing different wintry textures between the wool and fur and leather.


Wearing:
Skirt - 1970s vintage | Polo neck and tights - Primark
Jacket - Dorothy Perkins via charity shop | Boots - 1970s vintage


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love your skirt - it looks nice and warm in the frosty weather and it is a style that I would wear. Your jacket is a great charity shop find - I am a charity shop addict and rarely need to buy many new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely look! You look well wrapped up despite the frosty surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are really beautiful! I love how dreamy all the ice and fog makes everything. Really digging this outfit as well - the furry collar on the jacket, the subtle plaid of the skirt. You look perfectly cozy for the icy weather.

    ReplyDelete