Outfit: Kintsugi

by - 08:30

Disclaimer: This ring was provided free of charge by BregjesDesign in exchange for a blog post. All opinions are my own, and you can read my full disclosure policy here.

Bregjesdesign

It's starting to feel like Christmas which is a bit crazy but also quite exciting. I don't feel entirely prepared for Christmas but I do have most present shopping finished, thanks mostly to my very organised brother who helped sort some things out for my parents. These photos are from the last weekend that I spent with my boyfriend and his family, which was completely lovely both because we did a few nice festive things (and I managed to get almost completely caught up on Planet Earth 2!) and because we're still doing long distance so any time spent with him is extra special.

I took advantage of the Christmas tree to take some photos of my new ring from BregjesDesign, which is made of a shard of vintage china. I think it makes the perfect background to show off the design. BregjesDesign has a great variety of jewellery made from vintage china in many different patterns, but I chose this beautiful dark green and gold design because I thought it would be perfect for the Christmas season.  

Bregjesdesign

Bregjesdesign

Bregjesdesign

Bregjesdesign

The ring features a sterling silver band which is not adjustable. While I appreciate this from a quality standpoint, I did find it a little difficult to figure out what size I needed as buying online is obviously a bit different to being able to try something on in a shop. To get around this, I simply measured a ring which I already own that I wear on the same finger which I was intending to wear this one on.

The gold reminded me of something I'd heard a long time ago about the practice of repairing porcelain items using a gold adhesive. I did a little bit of Googling to find out more, and discovered that the Japanese have a tradition of repairing broken pottery using a lacquer mixed with powdered gold or other precious metals. This is called Kintsugi, and treats the breakage of the item as part of the object's history. Other countries have also used similar techniques, resulting in very beautiful and unique objects.  

Bregjesdesign

Bregjesdesign

Of course I'm really enjoying my Christmas coffees at the moment, and absolutely did not insist on going to a coffee shop where they have Christmas cups just so I could show off my ring... ;)

Bregjesdesign

Bregjesdesign

A photo posted by @helenmaegreen on

Wearing:
Jacket - charity shop | Trousers - Primark
Shoes - Clarks | Gloves - Vintage | Earrings - gift
Blouse (just seen) - I think via Asos | Cardigan (just seen) - Marks and Spencer


You can also find BregjesDesign jewellery at bregjesdesign.nl


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

0 comments