Beat Generation

by - 10:52

Beatnik outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas period so far. Not long now until the big day...

I've been having a great time with friends and family in various places and saw Rogue One on Sunday which was absolutely fantastic and I'd highly recommend seeing it if you haven't done so already. Today I'm wearing this outfit for a trip into town for lunch with my family, some shopping and a nail appointment. I also have to get some more work done for uni which is a lot less fun, but hopefully I'll be finished soon and not have to do much else for the rest of the holiday.

Beatnik outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

Unfortunately although I'd planned on getting as many blog posts as possible done while I'm back at my parents' house for Christmas, I am pretty sure that I have left my camera charger back at my flat, and my camera battery is almost dead! I'll try to go ahead with writing my blog posts anyway, as I'll be disappointed if I can't, but it will probably mean taking my pictures either on my phone or on my old point and shoot camera so I'll have to see how it goes. I normally remember to pick the charger up but that's life I suppose!

Beatnik outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

I've thought about putting together a beatnik inspired outfit a few times and for some reason never really gone ahead with the idea. I've worn these trousers a lot since I bought them but it wasn't until I saw them paired with a black turtle neck that I saw the potential for them to be styled in a beatnik fashion. Since vintage style is a little alternative anyway I may as well go ahead and embrace 1950s counterculture. Actually I think the style now seems very classic and stylish and works well in modern and vintage wardrobes alike.

Beatnik outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

Wearing:
Trousers and turtle neck - Primark | Shoes - Clarks
Bracelet and earrings - gifts


Beatnik outfit via www.lovebirdsvintage.co.uk

Let's get social!

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. I am always jealous at how good you look in trousers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look suits you so well - the trousers are such a perfect fit. Happy Christmas - and thanks for so many lovely posts in the last year! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm very glad you've enjoyed them xx

      Delete
  3. Classic look, I love wearing this kind of outfit for a comfy, cosy, dressed down day. You look lovely! Have a super Christmas Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey Hep-cat! I love those pants, which fit you perfectly, and keeping the rest of the look in black lets them really sing. This is a great look for just about any occasion.
    Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Reminds me of Funny Face!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete