Lumberjill

by - 07:30

shirt refashion via lovebirds vintage

shirt refashion via lovebirds vintage

shirt refashion via lovebirds vintage

shirt refashion via lovebirds vintage

shirt refashion via lovebirds vintage

This is the second of the shirts I made for myself using some old shirts of my brother's. (You can see the first here). I'm more pleased with this one than with the other one as I think I did a better job of the refashion, although I must admit I was also pretty happy with the first one because I'm far from the best sewist and I thought it came out well.

This one makes me feel like a lumberjill, or maybe a cowgirl. I love how it's so practical but also still vintage and stylish - exactly the sort of item that gets a lot of use in my wardrobe. This one's also a thicker fabric, so it will be perfect for the Autumn and Winter. I have one partially finished shirt and two or three more that I'd like to get done at some point as well. I think I might also have just a little bit of this fabric left over which I would like to make into a matching hair band if I get the chance.

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOVE these jeans! I really want a pair of Freddies long blue jeans, the pocket detail on these is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute look on you! I wear this kind of thing regularly, it's my casual around the house look. Such a great job on the shirt refashioning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job, it looks really great! Love the jeans too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lumberjill look! And that shade of purple is just lovely on you!! Please transform more of your brothers shirts into cute blouses, weather permitting.

    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool outfit! I have such a soft spot for Lumberjill's and fashions inspired by them, as we had plenty of these hardworking ladies here in Canada during WW2.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a seriously awesome outfit ~ the purple plaid is a great color scheme and so wearable! You've done wonders with your brothers shirt. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete