Outfit: English Seaside Vintage

by - 08:00

English Country Vintage

English Country Vintage

This dress was a gift* from my friend Cherilyn who runs English Country Vintage. It's a beautiful 40s style day dress which has quite the nicest cut. I took it for a day at the beach which is a wonderful luxury of living where I do now. I spent my first weekend on the seafront, walking up and down the prom in between the pier and the arcades. The weather was just nice enough for me to be able to go without a cardigan during the day; it's really different for me coming from a countryside area to suddenly be living by the sea.

In the evening I had to add an extra layer but I still enjoyed staying out until the sun had gone down. I took the first couple of photos earlier in the day but was battling with the bright early afternoon sun. Later in the day I managed to catch the last bit of the sunlight although the wind hadn't dropped much. I love the way the material of the dress moves, it really has the most lovely fluidity to it.

You may spot something funny happening on the back of my dress in some of the photos - I didn't realise until later that the button had popped open.

*I mean an actual gift, not some kind of company sponsorship.

English Country Vintage

English Country Vintage

English Country Vintage

English Country Vintage
Cherilyn is currently planning something very exciting, and I hope to be able to share the details with you very soon!

If you're confused as to the unseasonal weather in these photos, by the way, it's because I moved to the coast in September and took these photos shortly after I moved.

Dress - English Country Vintage | Jacket - knit by me
Shoes - 1940s vintage | Stockings c.1950s vintage
Brooch (just seen) - old, factory shop of some sort


Let's get social!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Bloglovin' | Twitter

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. Lovely Autumn light on you here, very pretty. How lovely to live by the sea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Porcelina said, lovely photos! I am so jealous, I'd give anything to live by the sea. This outfit has an Edge of Love vibe about it - and that's definitely a good thing. I've been looking for a big cosy cardigan like this but the shops are not providing... and unfortunately I can't knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I must try this dress with green wellies now you've made the Edge of Love reference!

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely outfit! Your sweater is amazing, too. It must be amazing to live anywhere near the sea! I'm SUPER landlocked where I live and have to drive at least 15 hours or so to get to the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your posts, and the photos are very pretty. I wish it was that warm by the ocean here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I live on the south coast of England so it's not exactly what I'd call scorching hot, but it wasn't bad for the end of an English summer!

      Delete
  5. The golden hour light here is sublimely pretty and highlights this classic, charmingly sweet outfit so magnificently.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the kind of outfit I always dream of wearing - 40s tea dress and chunky knit, by the sea...because of Edge of Love - of course! The lighting in these photos is stunning, so so perfect and whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, a perfect setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A darling dress, and I love how you paired it with the chunky knit, it seems like you walked out of the past with that perfect casual, but spot-on vintage look. And what a place to enjoy in such an outfit! The lighting is indeed stunning and the scenery the perfect gorgeous compliment to your perfect gorgeous look! I love it! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos! You look stunning.

    ReplyDelete