Hidden Treasure Chest

by - 10:44

Hi everyone! I'm super late getting this post sorted out because I've been so busy but I didn't want to leave it out so better late than never, right? Back in May I spent a few days in Budapest for a conference, and although I was stuck inside looking at a screen most of the time, I did manage to get some pictures of the scenery when I was on my way from the conference to where we were staying, and on the way to dinner etc. I only had my phone for taking pictures but I think they came out pretty well anyway.

Budapest

Budapest

Budapest

Budapest

Budapest

IMG_20160527_212946

IMG_20160527_212816

I did struggle with outfit photos but as I'd promised Vivien of Holloway I'd take some pictures of the clothing that I reviewed for them in In Retrospect Magazine's Dispatches, I roped in my PhD supervisor to help.

Budapest

Budapest

Budapest

Budapest

You can read a full review of the top and trousers in my piece for Dispatches (linked above) but I was really impressed by how little they creased (especially the trousers) even after they'd been stuck in my hand luggage and worn for two days which were mostly spent sitting down. Although I'd generally make sure my hair was done in a vintage style as in the pictures in Dispatches, it wasn't really a possibility for me time-wise while I was away, but I also think the Viven of Holloway items look really nice worn in a slightly more modern fashion which is created by the more modern hairstyle I'm sporting here.

I really enjoyed Budapest and I'd love to go back sometime for a proper holiday when I'm not confined to a conference. It was even my first time on a plane!

That's all for now, hopefully see you all soon... x





Disclaimer: The top and trousers from Vivien of Holloway were sent to me as part of a collaboration with In Retrospect Magazine. All opinions are my own.


Let's get social!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Bloglovin' | Twitter

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. A perfect low-maintenance traveling outfit! So lovely :) And the trousers do work really well styled both vintage and modern!
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you got to visit Budapest. It has always struck me as one of the most enchantingly beautiful old cities in Europe. I hope you had a splendid time there and that you're able to return for a longer vacay in the future.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete