Outfit: Street Corners

by - 10:00

street corners via lovebirds vintage
Blouse and pearls - 1950s vintage | Beret - High street | Skirt and coat - Primark | Shoes - Deichmann

street corners via lovebirds vintage

I have been feeling really uninspired by all my clothes recently. I was looking forward to buying some new things until I realised I need all my money to pay for two conferences I am going to later in the year. I only work 5 or 8 hours a week most weeks for minimum wage, and that money doesn't go far. Choices had to be made, and of course professional development is more important. 

I've been keeping an inspiration folder on my computer since before I started blogging, and I was looking through it recently in the hopes of finding some new ideas for wearing things I already own. I came across a photo I had saved from here, and thought - I have a top just like that! Which is no doubt why I saved the photo in the first place. I take a lot of inspiration from bloggers when I'm putting outfits together; I love to see how vintage style is being worn by people now. 

street corners via lovebirds vintage
Please try to pretend that I am doing a high fashion slouch and that this is not down to bad posture.

I have mixed feelings about these photos - I seem to be gradually getting to grips with my new camera, which is really exciting. Unfortunately though, I missed the best of the sunshine in the morning because I had to wait in for a parcel. Also I ventured out onto the street to take these photos only to be given filthy looks by people driving past, and someone even wound down their car window and shouted at me. How rude.

---------------------

You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. I love your little white jumper and if I really don't like blue, I think you're are really perfect in that outfit !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit.
    People can be so rude. I had one time when a car went by with the window already open and I heard them say as they passed, "Let's turn the car round and call her a freak." They did too, I was flabbergasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so harsh! Such a shame people like that actually exist.

      Delete
  3. You are looking LOVELY in these photos, it was no doubt a fit of jealousy that caused those mindless numptys to act in the way they did. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exceedingly rude, my goodness!!! I'm sorry that you had to put up with such an uncouth individual. Surely the only thing I'd roll down my window to do if I saw you on the sidewalk was to bestow a much deserved compliment on you for putting together such a timelessly classy, thoroughly lovely ensemble.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is the first time anything like this has happened when wearing vintage/taking blog photos but maybe I just have rude neighbours!

      Delete
  5. People can be so rude! Don't let it bother you. You look fabulous! I love the combination of the blue and white. The beret tops off the outfit perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's super rude, and unfortunately rather common where I live. Generally I find these uncivilised people aren't worth taking the time to worry about. You look really lovely, I especially like how you've styled your hair around your hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's a shame! Generally people round here seem to be more polite which is partly why I was so put off by it; it's unusual.

      Delete
  7. very lovely outfit. the hat is perfect and the skirt has such a unique design

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is glorious, something about it reminds me of the film Mona Lisa Smile - the kind of outfit I dream of putting together every semester for uni but then realize that I don't own any well fitting pencil skirts :P

    Also, I definitely feel your pain when it comes to passersby and blog photos. I often get mean remarks and comments from people going past or people driving by when I take blog photos. It's hard and can be off putting, but do not let it stop you, ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not actually seen Mona Lisa Smile but I've added it to my 'to watch' list, it looks really good!

      I've found that the tripod attracts attention - people are definitely more understanding when there is someone else with you holding the camera! I won't let it put me off though, I really enjoy blogging and it's great to get such encouraging comments :)

      Delete