Outfit: Anyone for tennis?

by - 09:00

Disclaimer: This jacket was provided free of charge by Shpirulina Vintage in exchange for a blog post about the shop. All opinions are my own, and you can read my full disclosure policy here.

Shpirulina Vintage

I love it when an outfit comes together just as you’d imagined it. I received this vintage sportswear blouse/jacket recently from Shpirulina Vintage and I’d initially looked at wearing it more like a blouse with various skirts, but a flash of inspiration hit me when I realised its potential as part of a 1930s sportswear style outfit. I am sure I will revisit my original ideas at some point but for now I’m sure I’ll have some fun with this outfit. It makes me think of Poirot, not only because of the 1930s style but also because the characters are often seen sporting delightful leisurewear.
  
Shpirulina Vintage

I’ve never ordered anything from Shpirulina Vintage before this, but I found it easy to shop as you can organise items by either decade or size, and you can also filter by price. I have browsed through the store a few times since and it seems to be updated relatively often. The items are shipped from Israel which is a little further afield than I would normally shop, but I found the parcel was dispatched quickly so I only waited a minimal amount of time to receive it. Although I mostly shop locally nowadays, it’s nice to occasionally see what’s on offer abroad as it can mean finding something that you wouldn’t see at home.  It also came in a spotty mailing bag almost like birthday wrapping paper – it was a very nice surprise to receive it and I’m always a sucker for anything in pretty packaging.  

Shpirulina Vintage

Shpirulina Vintage

In terms of finding an item on the website that’s suitable for you, items can be sorted by size as I mentioned above. The sizes range from XS to XL. Each item then also has measurements in inches so that you can make sure that you’re choosing something that will definitely fit. I found when browsing the items that they were accurately placed into the different size categories and were not miscategorised according to vanity sizing, as I have occasionally found with certain other vintage retail sites.

Shpirulina Vintage

I noticed that Shpirulina Vintage slightly tends towards selling items from later decades, although items from the 1950s and 60s are available. However, many of the newer items would slip very easily into the wardrobes of those of us who tend towards earlier styles. This jacket was listed as 1970s but I feel it fits nicely into my wardrobe and will complement 1930s and 40s styles well. My original styling ideas were inspired by the product images on the listing for the item.
As for the jacket itself, it’s exactly as it was described on the site and in the excellent vintage condition it was listed as. I look forward to trying it out with other outfits now that the weather is warm enough to be able to wear just a light jacket rather than a warm coat.

Shpirulina Vintage

Check out Shpirulina Vintage’s website for more, and you can also find them on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and a variety of other social media sites.  


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Your dress is very well..And do you want to get a free dress???Visit here:http://www.marieprom.co.uk/blogger-cooperation-program

    ReplyDelete