Vintage Leeds

by - 06:30

While I was staying with my brother recently, he was kind enough to take me round some of the vintage shops in Leeds. A couple have closed down since I was last there, but we still spent a few hours looking round some of the others.

Pop Boutique
12-14 Central Road, LS1 6DE





I already own a Pop Boutique dress which I bought via Asos (see it here and here) but I didn't know they had a physical store in Leeds. Actually I've visited it before, but I somehow didn't connect the two in my mind. Anyway, Pop sell a lot of their own label 60s styles as well as original vintage items. I didn't buy anything this time although I nearly came away with a sweet vintage summer dress for only a fiver (the pink one with the kind of abstract floral pattern shown above - rejected on the basis that I can't possibly need any more summer dresses!) and I also have my eye on a couple of their pastel 60s dresses. You can shop on their website and their things are also available on Asos. They also have several other bricks and mortar shops, which you can find a list of here.

Blue Rinse
9-11 Call Lane, LS1 7DH



Blue Rinse sells a lot of newer vintage items (mostly 1970s and newer) as well as upcycled clothing. While Blue Rinse doesn't particularly cater to my own personal style, it's still interesting for a look around as it's full of an eclectic mix of bold colours and patterns, and plenty of sequins. If you can't get to their shop in Leeds (or their other premises in Manchester), you can also shop on Ebay where they sell a lot of vintage designer goods and sportswear.

Retro Boutique
8-10 Headingly Lane, LS6 2AS



Retro Boutique is somewhere between a vintage and antiques store which sells a range of furniture, curiosities, clothing and assorted knick-knacks. It was actually one of my favourite stores to look around although I didn't find anything to buy, due to the huge variety of items. There are multiple sellers within the same store, so there really is something to interest every vintage lover. Clothing wise (currently more of interest to me than furniture as I don't have my own flat) I found a great 1950s dress priced at £65 but the majority of items were newer. I'm not sure whether this is always the case or whether it was just the particular distribution of items on the day we happened to visit. They also stock menswear which is always a bonus. They don't seem to have a website, but you can find them on Facebook here.

Lastly, we walked past but didn't go into Soho's which, like Pop Boutique I have previously shopped at online. They sell a variety of different styles including rockabilly clothing. All my Hell Bunny and H&R London items have been purchased from this shop.  Their prices are reasonable, they have an excellent returns policy and they do really generous sales, so I would recommend them if you like a more modern 50s inspired aesthetic.

Honourable mention: Bird's Yard





Bird's Yard wasn't open when we went, but doesn't it look like a fabulous shop? Don't quote me but it seems as though the shop may have shut down altogether (at least according to Yelp) which is a real shame as I would have loved to visit. There is a website for a sister store in Sheffield though so maybe I can visit that one some time instead.

-------------------------

P.S. if you haven't entered my giveaway yet, please do so! It's open worldwide and you have until this Friday 22nd to enter.

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. Thank you for posting this! I'm going to Leeds soon and I'm looking forward to checking out your recommendations! ;)

    Love,
    ~ Sesame

    daysofscarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it was useful, I'll update if I get to visit any others next time I visit my brother :)

      Delete
  2. How very sad that (potentially) not one, but multiple shops have already closed their doors since you were there. It seems I hear this more and more often lately about vintage shops. Hopefully the rest of them in Leeds can hold on for a good long while.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am IN LOVE with the dresses in Pop Boutique's online store - I plan on splurging my next paycheck on the 'Dusty' dress, 'Textured' dress, the 'Edie' dress and maybe a few others. Their pricing is so reasonable and the quality looks fantastic. I have been wanting to wear 60s dresses for the longest time but have found it hard to find ones that are modern remakes and still stay true to the 60s style. I am in love, thank you for this post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update - I just bought 4 of their dresses for a song on Asos :D Woooo! I am so excited to start experimenting with 60s looks now!

      Delete
    2. Ah, I literally just Facebooked you about their sizing! I hope it works out for you, can't wait to see the photos :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this, most useful if I ever head up that way! I've been doing the same whenever I go to a new town, I love doing little vintage guides! P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great guide! It's a shame you missed our little shop Twit-Woo Vintage Boutique in the Grand Arcade - it's a little way from the Corn Exchange, but its worth it because it's lovely! (even though I do say so myself!) Next time you're in Leeds, do pop in! x

    ReplyDelete