Build Your Bridges

by - 06:00

casual outfit via lovebirds vintage

casual outfit via lovebirds vintage

casual outfit via lovebirds vintage

casual outfit via lovebirds vintage
Coat - H&M | Skirt - Primark | Fishnet tights - old, high street somewhere
Butterfly hair clip - Primark | Shoes - Tesco | Jumper (just seen) - H&M (old) | Bag - 1950s vintage via Ebay 

This was a casual look which I wore for doing some uni work in the morning and a quick trip into town in the afternoon. It's nothing groundbreaking but it's nice to stick to the basics and not think about things too much. I still need a longer coat but I have to pay my car insurance in the next couple of weeks so there will be no new coats until I've earned a bit more money. I'm on the lookout for one which will cover my longer dresses and skirts but they're so hard to come by on the high street and I haven't had the time for vintage shopping (in person, rather than online) in ages due to my university and work commitments.

I popped on those nude fishnets as the weather has been getting colder again and I wasn't sure if I'd get much wear out of them the rest of the summer. They came out kind of a weird colour on the camera. I'd say the first or third photos show their actual colour the closest. They are a bit more subtle when worn than the last photo would suggest, I think. Also, I promise I'm not about to cry on these photos. I look really tearful in a couple of them and I'm not really sure why - I had a good enough day although I have had a bit of a cold this last week and I guess it still shows on my face more than I realised.

Anyway, enough of my moaning. I hope you all have a great week!

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I really like that coat, It looks so versatile. Very cute outfit! :)

    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute outfit, and I think that this length of jacket is really classic. I like the way it shows off the print of the skirt, it looks really intentional. There's a great 50s meets 60s vibe to this outfit that I really like. And I just have to say, you are so pretty in a very uncontrived way. You remind be a bit of Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely compliment, thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Great coat! I need to get my hands on a good trench!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely tights and whole outfit, dear gal. While I do wish summer could stick around for a few more months (at least!), I must say, the impending return of spending time with my tights again is rather appealing.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tights are gorgeous! I love the all outfit! I need a trench in my wardrobe...

    ReplyDelete