Chesterfield 1940s : Fur coat, cars, SHARK!

by - 08:33

Chesterfield 1940s weekend seems a long time ago now, but I have been waiting for some photos to be ready before I did any blogging. 



We were blessed with good weather again - it was lovely and sunny and not as cold as last year, although February is early in the year for an event of this kind. I met with Tony and Kevin who both took some lovely photos of me, and it was great to catch up with them again after the long break in events over the winter.

I had actually meant to get round and see some other people too, but I didn't choose to go into the theatre this year - the shopping was pretty good last year and I wanted to stay away from the temptation of spending any money! (Sorry to those people I didn't see though, I will try to catch up with you later in the year.





I also spoke briefly with a lady who says she reads my blog. I was an awkward mess unfortunately, but this is the first time I've met anyone who reads my blog who I didn't already know. It sort of reminded me that 'real' people actually do read what I'm writing, which is great but also kind of scary. (Hello if you're reading, I'm sorry I panicked!).


The shark above is on the outside wall of a bar (I think) that I found near the church when I was wandering round. 


Here is a full length shot of what I wore so I don't feel like I am neglecting outfit photos (Tony prefers portrait shot but sneaked in a few full length shots for blogging purposes):

Knitted top - 1950s vintage | Cardigan - Primark | Trousers - Primark
Shoes - Matalan | Coat M&S via local boutique | Hat - Matalan | Gloves - local boutique

You can see the rest of Tony's photos from Chesterfield, of myself and others, here. Kevin is still working on most of his, I believe, but I uploaded one to my Facebook here. I didn't want to wait any longer for fear of the blog post becoming completely irrelevant. Please do check out his website though, and keep up with me on Facebook where I will upload any new photos as I receive them. 

------------------

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. Looks like you had fun. :) Lovely town Chesterfield. Can make a really nice backdrop. Shame I missed you, was too busy teaching children what damage a Bren can do and getting ready to jump out of a plane with a chicken...yeah it was one bizarre weekend! Great turnout tho. :) Hopefully see you at another event sometime in the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'll definitely try to catch up with you at some point.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos. I used to drive past the crooked church spire on my way to and from Sheffield whilst I was at uni, making a mental note that it would be fun to go and see it up close. I never did but a 40's weekend seems like a good excuse now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good fun if you can make it to one at all :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photographs of you, sweet dear. I especially love the first one where you're clutching your cozy coat collar up to your chin. Very sweet and yet subtly alluring, like something out of a mid-century copy of Vogue, at the same time.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous look, and such wonderful photographs. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! What a great thing to go to! Such fun that must have been. Beautiful photos. I especially love the first one of you, so adorable!!

    ~Abigail
    http://sweetergetsthejourneyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous photos! Thank you for your comment on my blog! I love your hair and you're just gorgeous!!

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete