Outfit: Willow Pattern

by - 14:37

Collectif "Helen" Dress

This is the toile print "Helen" dress from Collectif clothing, which I bought sometime last year because it would be rude not to when we share a name. Unfortunately I didn't get the dress photographed for a long time because it had a Mishap. In short, I washed it with another dress that has a black and red pattern on a white background, and the red wasn't colourfast like I assumed it would be given that it there was also white in the pattern. Anyway, as I'm sure you've guessed, I managed to get red stains on my brand new dress and I could not get them off with soaking the dress in cold water or using any of my usual stain removers. My mum suggested buying a dye remover product intended for removing colour run, so I did. The instructions were to test it on a small area before use and thank goodness I did because the stuff immediately started taking the colour out of the beautiful blue print on the dress. Disheartened, I put the dress away for a while and resigned myself to the fact that I might always have to wear it with red stains on. Eventually it occurred to me that I might be able to spot-treat the stains using the solution applied with a cotton bud. Thankfully that did remove the stains without spoiling the pattern, so I'm now able to wear the dress stain-free.

Anyway, now that I've got that (slightly longer than I intended) story out of the way, I'm very pleased to have some new pictures as I haven't had the chance to take any in a while. I'm still pretty busy with uni work but I'm trying to take advantage of the good weather we're having at the moment both to go out and enjoy the sunshine and spending time with friends and family, and to take photos of some things I'm backed up on. It's great to have the opportunity to actually wear some of these items anyway, let alone photograph them!

Collectif "Helen" Dress

Collectif "Helen" Dress


Collectif "Helen" Dress

Collectif "Helen" Dress

Collectif "Helen" Dress


Wearing:

Dress - Collectif Clothing | Shrug - Primark, last year
Shoes - ShoeZone, several years old | Sunglasses - Primark, very old



Let's get social!

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. A great dress rescue story Helen! Phew!! It's very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was relieved when I finally managed to sort it out, I thought it was going to be ruined.

      Delete
  2. So lucky that you could save the dress! You look so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really pleased it came out so well with no damage to the print in the end.

      Delete
  3. I love this print!! And what a wonderful story!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete