Doris and Silver

by - 08:30

My parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary in July and we went out to a restaurant in town. It was a really lovely time and I really enjoyed being able to go as a family before I had to move out.

I wore this beautiful "Doris" pencil dress from Lindy Bop. Sadly we had rain all day so I was restricted to taking my outfit photos indoors! However, I love this dress so much that I didn't want to go without a few outfit shots. I'd really like to get a few more pencil dresses from Lindy Bop as I think they'd be really great for wearing to teach once I properly start my PhD. They're affordable and versatile: I've dressed this one up for a special occasion but I'd also previously worn this for a conference where I'd styled it to look more smart and professional.
   lindy bop doris dress via lovebirds vintage

lindy bop doris dress via lovebirds vintage

lindy bop doris dress via lovebirds vintage

Dress - Lindy Bop "Doris" dress | Shoes - Deichmann 
 Cardigan - Marks and Spencer | Necklace - vintage, gift
Ring (just seen) - old, gift (Topshop, I think) | Earrings - old, somewhere

I feel like a major cutie in this dress as I'm sure you can tell! The ribbon in my hair reminds me of Wendy from Peter Pan - perhaps if Peter Pan was set in the 1950s?

The food in the restaurant was just excellent (not to mention the service) and I really hope I can go again. Maybe if I make it back to stay with my parents at Christmas, or my birthday.

Indian

Indian

Indian

I won't share all my family photos with you from our evening out, but here is just one of me with my brother. I feel very blessed that we get on so well.

Sibs


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love the fabric of this dress, I have a few skirts and dresses made from it, it's so pretty. You look lovely and it looks like you had a wonderful time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful in this dress, wiggle dresses suit you so well! Lindy Bop dresses would work very nicely in the classroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress. It's beautiful. The fabric is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning dress. It also looks perfect with your hairstyle, as well as with the gorgeous t-bars and stockings. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit! I love the shoes you paired with the rest of the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress! I think that blue is such a breathtaking colour on you.

    Tons of joyful congrats to your parents on such a milestone anniversary! I'm a die hard romantic and am always so moved when I hear about relationships, especially in this day and age, that have stood the test of time like theirs has. It's utterly inspiring!

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete