Wellies

by - 08:30

Wellies via lovebirds vintage

After reading my copy of the April issue of Vintage Life Magazine which features an article all about wellies, I felt inspired to wear wellies with everything. We even had a couple of days when it rained heavily, so wellies suddenly became the most appropriate footwear. The outfit itself was a little bit inspired by an outfit shown in one of the photos in the feature, and was also something easy and comfortable to wear. I've been working six days a week recently (though thankfully not quite full days) and I've also been running a lot, so I'm finding myself gravitating towards outfits which are practical and don't require too much thought. I do a lot of lifting and kneeling, so I prefer to wear things which I can move around in and which don't matter too much if they get dirty. This loose-fitting 1960s dress fits the bill perfectly.

Wellies via lovebirds vintage

Wellies via lovebirds vintage

Wellies via lovebirds vintage

This jacket has also been getting quite a bit of wear recently. It's one left over from when I was at school which I bought when I was still bothered about trying to fit in with what was in fashion at the time, although honestly it was never really much my style. It's much more modern than most of my clothes - even my non-vintage clothes tend to be a classic style if not vintage repro - but I've actually been quite enjoying wearing it a bit now that the weather is starting to warm up a bit. I did have to dodge the raindrops for these photos though!

Dress - 1960s vintage from Uncle Sam's in Oxford | Socks and Jacket - Primark 
Wellies - Matalan | Jumper - Tesco

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Very cute indeed Helen! Knee high socks and wellies is always my go-to festival look x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've never been to a music festival and it's a bit different to my usual look but I really wanted to wear my wellies!

      Delete
  2. How very lovely outfit, dear gal. I adore wellies, but have not been able to find a pair that fits my hard to fit feet since I was a little girl. I have very high arches (and thus the tops of my feet are a bit high) and they're always too tight in that area for me. One brand I haven't tried is Hunter's classics yet though, and pricey as they are, if I saw some in person and they fit, I'd invest in them right away.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find a pair that fits! Mine were just cheap ones off the high street but Joules do really stylish wellies as well: http://www.joules.com/Womens-Clothing/Right-As-Rain

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit :)

    I love wellies! They are such a practical choice for the spring season and look so cute.

    ReplyDelete