Easter Egg

by - 08:30

easter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

Happy (late) Easter everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend even if you don't celebrate it. My brother was on his Easter break from uni so we could spend some time with the family altogether. My grandparents came to see us on Saturday when I wore this outfit, then my brother and I went to Crich Tramway for the Easter 1940s weekend on Easter Sunday. I didn't take my camera, but there will be photos at some point from some of the photographers who've taken pictures of me in previous years.

The dress I'm wearing here is a new-to-me 1950s dress which I was actually saving for something later in the year, but I just couldn't not wear it for Easter when it was so perfectly Easter-coloured. This dress matches the pink and green shades from my ORLY polishes really well, but I was too busy on the night before and in the morning to paint my nails. I'm saving the idea for later though, because it'll look really nice with this dress for the summer.

easter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

easter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

easter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

This dress came to me in quite poor condition but as such was a good price; I had to mend quite a few burst seams and a couple of tears, as well as replacing the zip. I was really pleased with the result but I managed to break a couple of stitches at the underarm when I reached a bit too far while wearing it, so it's back in my mending pile again. I can't be too disappointed though, because the dress has pockets! Love a dress with pockets, for sure.

Dress - 1950s vintage from Very Claudia | Bolero - old, bought in Germany 
Shoes - Shoezone? Couple of years ago. | Amethyst necklace - 18th birthday present

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Very pretty outfit. I love that you topped springtime-y confectionery-esque hues with a bold, darker shade over top. It really works well!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of your dress! I can definitely see why you had to bring this one out for Easter. Plus, the berry-red cardigan over the top adds such a delightful kick! It's a really cool combination that I admire you for thinking up ~ I'm too matchy-matchy to ever think of branching out like that.

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is too darling!!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely spring coloured dress!

    ReplyDelete