Outfit: Winter Neutrals

by - 08:30

Neutral Vintage Outfit

Neutral Vintage Outfit

Neutral Vintage Outfit

Neutral Vintage Outfit

Neutral Vintage Outfit

One of the things I love about winter clothing is the many opportunities for wearing lovely brooches. For some reason I associate brooches much more with Autumn and Winter, I think largely because I tend to wear them pinned onto coats, jackets and scarves. My beautiful crocheted flower brooch was a Christmas present last year, but I don't think it has ever made it into a blog post before. I really like how the neutral colour of it works so well with this outfit and how the different textures offset against each other. My poor coat is really starting to show its age (though you can't tell from the photos), but it is my absolute standby for this time of year as it's effortlessly stylish, warm, and a great neutral. Eventually I'd like to get a full length swing coat in the same kind of colour to "replace" this one. And by "replace" I mean I will probably keep the old one anyway and just pretend to myself that I have replaced it with a new one.

My other brooch was a birthday present from my fiancé and it was an excellent choice on his part as it goes so well with the kind of colour palette I favour at this time of year. I missed out on a proper close-up of it this time but I'm sure it will appear in plenty of future outfits.

Wearing:
Trousers - Vintage 1950s | Coat and polo neck - Primark
Shoes - Clarks | Both brooches - gifts
Other jewellery - various high street and charity shops



Let's get social!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. A good camel coat is definitely a winter staple! I love your neutral outfit here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, my camel coat definitely gets worn a ton.

      Delete