Steampunk Saturdays: The Spin Doctor Will See You Now

by - 08:00

For this week's Steampunk Saturdays post I have finally managed to get around to photographing my current most worn steampunk outfit featuring a western inspired dress from Spin Doctor.

Steampunk

Since I bought the dress, I've worn it to several different events and I really enjoy wearing it. I always wear it with my vintage western/Victorian style boots which I knew would be just perfect for steampunk outfits even though I wasn't attending any events when I bought them.

It was a bit nippy getting these photos so I'm not too sure how much more wear I'll get out of it this year, but I have worn it with a blouse underneath so that does help to make it just a little bit warmer.

A post shared by @helenmaegreen on


Steampunk

I have a few additions and improvements in mind for the outfit for the future, including a gun (thigh holster maybe?) and saddlebags (something like this) so I have something to put my stuff in when I go out. I am also contemplating options for some additional jewellery - I usually wear the dress with my cog necklace but forgot to put it on for these photos. Here are some grainy mobile phone snaps so you can see what that looks like.



There are plenty of jewellery options available so the only problem will be choosing what to go for. Of course there are numerous online retailers and even a couple of physical shops locally where I will be able to look for jewellery, but I will also be the charity shops whenever possible for some more unique options.

Steampunk

Eventually I'd also like to upgrade my goggles as I've seen some amazing real leather and brass options which would be a really nice addition. That being said, I'm still really happy with my DIY ones for now.

Steampunk

Steampunk

Steampunk

Steampunk

A post shared by @helenmaegreen on


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

0 comments