Decay | Trentham Hall

by - 09:00

Trentham Hall
This is the second of my blog posts featuring photos from the Trentham Estate (you can find the first here). This one features the incredible remains of Trentham Hall, which very sadly was mostly demolished in 1912-13, leaving only the Grand Entrance and Orangery, the clock tower, and the sculpture gallery. Unfortunately, the remains are all fenced off to prevent visitors getting inside (or even very close) and therefore I had to make do with what photos I could manage to snap from the outer perimeter. You may remember from this previous blog post how much I enjoy derelict buildings and I'd pretty much sell my firstborn to get inside some of these buildings to take photos. You can read more about the history of Trentham Hall on Wikipedia here - I'd recommend having a look if you're at all interested in stately homes or English History. The page gives more details about how the Hall and Estate have changed over time, beginning with the first recording of the Estate in the Domesday Book in 1086.

Trentham Hall

Trentham Hall

Trentham Hall

Trentham Hall

Let's get social!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am simply swooning here! These are stunning photographs!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm super into this stuff at the moment.

      Delete