Outfit: Bluebells

by - 09:00

Bluebells

Today we went for a walk in some bluebell woods, and I used it as an opportunity to take this new skirt for a spin. I'm very proud because I made it myself and it came out really pretty well overall. It's just a simple gathered skirt made out of what I believe is an original 1960s or 70s fabric that my mum was given by my granny. I have another skirt that I made myself which I haven't had the opportunity to photograph yet but this one is better. I'm slowly improving even though it's all a little bit trial and error but at least this is one sewing success. I've also got a little bit of knitting on the go, so it's all creative for me at the moment.

I really enjoyed seeing all the pretty bluebells; it's a wonderful feature of certain English woodlands this time of year. Some of them are much more dense than this one (although I think they're not all out yet so there might be more coming out here soon). I kind of wished I'd been dressed like a beautiful elf maiden; this woodland was just crying out for a fantasy photoshoot of some sort.

Bluebells

Bluebells

Bluebells

Bluebells

Bluebells

Wearing:
Skirt - made by me from vintage fabric | Cardigan - Marks and Spencer
Blouse - Matalan | Shoes - Shoe Zone | Jewellery - Misc. gifts and high street

I also posted the following image on Instagram recently when I wore the skirt for work. I really like it with the polo neck and brown shoes for something a bit different.

A post shared by @helenmaegreen on


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

0 comments