Christmas All Wrapped Up with Rex London

by - 07:00

Disclaimer: Some of these items were purchased using a gift voucher given to me by Rex London or were given to me by Rex London free of charge (see below for details). Other items were bought by my mum and I with our own money. All opinions are my own.

Gifts

At the beginning of November, Rex London featured me in their blog post about their 14 favourite vintage blogs. As a thank you for agreeing to be featured, they were kind enough to send me a beautiful shopping bag and a £30 voucher to spend in the store.

I was peripherally aware of dotcomgiftshop but I'd never actually shopped on the website before, but I am a full convert now. I also passed the details along to my mum, and together we managed to get a really good amount of stuff for our money.

A lot of these items are gifts for friends and family, so I won't go into too much detail just in case (as I know some of my friends and family read Lovebirds Vintage from time to time) but here is a more in depth look at the things I purchased for myself, and some things for people who are less likely to see (I hope!).

Gifts

Gifts

The first couple of items above come from my mum's shopping - two papercraft kits (designated as gifts) and some beautiful little gift tags in the shape of pretty birds. I remember loving these types of craft kits as a little girl and these ones are so cute.

The other things I'll be showing you are all things I bought for myself (as all the other things were gifts and I'm trying to gloss over them a bit just in case!).

Gifts

I chose this beautiful milk jug to use when I'm properly settled somewhere. I'm living on my own at the moment in a rather small flat with a rather small fridge, so I'll be saving this carefully in the box for when I'm living somewhere that feels like it warrants having a separate milk jug. I didn't take too much notice when I was buying it but it's a really decent size, and the Scandinavian-style hen design is very cheerful.

Gifts

Gifts

I bought these pirate memo pads partially because they are adorable and silly (not to mention aimed at primary school children) and partially because I love these kinds of sticky notes and sticky tabs to help me keep organised. I keep a planner which I try to keep colour coded, and make use of stickers to highlight certain items. I'd love a "proper" planner in the future (I have my eye on an Erin Condren) but for now, I hope these cute little sticky notes will help brighten up my existing planner.

Gifts

Gifts

The beautiful plates above are in fact the three tiers of a vintage-inspired cake stand. I didn't put the cake stand together as I will very soon have to transport the cake stand back to my parents' house where, as with the milk jug, it will stay until I live somewhere that's big enough to have the space to actually use it (and store it). My mum also chose to have one of these as her Christmas present from me this year so it will be nice in the future to think that we have the same one. Click here to see what the cake stand looks like when it's all set up.

Gifts

Finally, here is the oilcloth shopping bag which dotcomgiftshop kindly sent me as a gift. It is the "Mid Century Floral" bag which features this orange and green design which reminds me of the patterns you often find on vintage kitchenware or even 1960s wallpaper. They also have a range of other products in the Mid Century design as well as many other vintage-style designs.

Gifts

I really like the types of products available on Rex London, especially as many of them are vintage-inspired and as such really appeal to my personal sense of style. I found the prices very reasonable and felt like I was able to get a lot of things for my money. I wasn't required by Rex London to blog about the things, but I thought they were too nice not to share. I don't usually think to shop online for presents unless I have something specific already in mind, but I'll definitely be browsing Rex London next time I need something.


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. These items are off-the-charts cute!!! I've been a huge fan of this site and their offerings for years now, but unless things have changed there very recently, they don't ship outside of Europe, so I just have to admire them from afar. You picked some really, really fun things. The owl paper kit in particular caught my eye.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete