Black hat, fur coat

by - 08:30

40s Hat Outfit
I was pretty on the fence about this hat until recently. While it's nice enough, it's not one that I reach for on a regular basis, at least in part because I don't have an enormous amount of 1940s (or 40s style) black clothing. I wasn't even convinced it really suited me; I've sometimes put it on and ended up taking it off again but I've managed to get a few more wears out of it recently and it's been nice to have the extra option for something to keep my head warm while the weather's cold. After seeing these photos I think the hat will be staying in my wardrobe a while longer. Sometimes I think photos can be more useful than a mirror in deciding whether an item really works for you.

40s Hat Outfit Portrait
As you can see, still getting some wear out of my 40s Fashion Calendar brooch and I've been getting some lovely compliments on it. It seems lots of people appreciate the splash of colour when the weather is drab.

40s Hat Outfit
40s Hat Outfit


Coat - M&S via local boutique | Trousers - Primark (few years old) | Scarf - used to belong to my mum
Hat - 1940s vintage from a vintage fair | Shoes 1940s vintage from  Ava Aviacion
 

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. Excellent point - photos can be a more honest judge or deciding factor when it comes to what really looks good on you than a minor or your mind's eye. I've parted ways with a few garments (including a fall/winter jacket) after seeing how they looked on me in photos (in each case, to be fair, I did have my doubts already).

    This is a fun, cozy, delightful winter look complete with a fantastic hat!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. The camera can definitely be a more objective observer than a mirror. Unfortunately, it usually ends up showing me that something I thought looked good actually looks terrible...
    This looks really lovely on you. I like the hat, and I like the slightly 70s feel of this outfit. The hat is definitely a keeper.
    xoxo
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Te veo una sonrisa estupenda... Un beso desde Murcia....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this hat looks wonderful on you!
    I think I may have to try your picture taking advice because I can be very critical about the mirror says to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hat looks amazing.
    And I agree with you and everyone else with the mirror. I don't own a full length mirror at my house, and I just tend to bite the bullet and roll with an outfit. When I look in the mirror and take a selfie, I feel a lot better about my choices a lot of the time, thankfully.

    And I must say, I love those trousers!!

    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's really cute on you! You've got a lovely face shape that I bet works with all kinds of hats.

    Love the trousers too, it does have quite the '40s feel overall x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they're some of my favourites in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  7. the hat is absolutely stunning! wow!

    ReplyDelete