Product Review: My Vintage Glams Makeup Palette by Lauren Luke

by - 10:00

lauren luke my vintage glams review

For Christmas I was given this beautiful makeup set by Lauren Luke called 'My Vintage Glams'. I've been watching Lauren's videos on Youtube for years (have a look on her channel youtube.com/panacea81 if you've never come across her before) but I've never had the chance to try out any of her products.

The set comes with a makeup palette and a lipgloss, as shown below.

lauren luke my vintage glams review

lauren luke my vintage glams review

lauren luke my vintage glams review

I love the sweet little message on the mirror. It's on a sticker so you can easily remove it, but I've chosen to leave it in place for now as I'm sure it will make me smile every time I put my makeup on. I've listed all the products including the names of each colour below, except for the lipgloss in the tube which doesn't seem to have a colour name. 

lauren luke my vintage glams review

Top L-R: Shadow Primer in Nude Slip Dark/Shadow Primer in Nude Slip Light, Eye Shadow in Petticoat Pink, Blush in Berry Cream

Bottom L-R: Cream Eye Liner in Raven Black, Eye Shadow in Red Wine, Eye Shadow in Silver Slippers, Lip Colour in Champagne Kiss, Lip Colour in Love Bite

For the following look I have used: shadow primer in Nude Slip Light, eye shadows in Petticoat Pink and Red Wine, blush in Berry Cream, cream eye liner in Raven Black and lip colour in Love Bite.

lauren luke my vintage glams review

lauren luke my vintage glams review

I first primed my eye area using the shadow primer in Nude Slip Light, which I applied with a small brush and blended with my finger. I then applied Petticoat Pink to the inner two thirds of my eye and filled in the outer third and crease with the colour Red Wine. I lined my eyes using the cream eyeliner in Raven Black, which I set in place with a black eyeshadow to prevent it transferring or smudging throughout the day.

I found the eyeshadows have a nice texture and apply fairly sheer, which gives them a soft 'vintage' look. I especially enjoyed using the lipstick as it feels very silky when applied. It's not a lipstick which will last through eating and drinking, but it does appear to fade off evenly.

I really like the colours which have been used for this palette - they really remind me of satin nighties, which I am sure was the intention.

Disclaimer; This makeup was a Christmas present from my Auntie, this review is not sponsored in any way. 

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. That palette set is so pretty! And the colors look very lovely on you, what an awesomely sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty set and her charming little note is so sweet. We need to see more positive messages like that in the beauty/fashion world. I really enjoyed this post, dear gal - and may I add, your "finished face" looks immensely pretty!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic on you. I love that the dark shade is a cream liner - I never use the darkest shades in my eyeshadow palettes, but that's something I would definitely be reaching for again and again. You did a marvelous job creating a classic, beautiful look with this palette.
    Cheers,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete