On the Boardwalk

by - 09:33

on the boardwalk via lovebirds vintage

This weekend there was a big event for the opening of some new buildings at a local marina. My parents went during the day while I was at work and enjoyed live music, a fire eating display, shopping, some stilt walkers...

After work I came home, grabbed a shower and got changed, then we headed back out for some more entertainment in the evening.

on the boardwalk via lovebirds vintage

on the boardwalk via lovebirds vintage

Frankie Styne is a tribute act to the crooners (though mainly Sinatra).

on the boardwalk via lovebirds vintage

on the boardwalk via lovebirds vintage

We also watched The Fab Beatles, which I enjoyed immensely. Mum and dad saw them perform a set of early Beatles music earlier in the day, then they played a set from the mid-60s (with different wigs and costumes from the earlier music). I managed to film them playing Norwegian Wood (which is one of my favourite Beatles songs - I love their Indian influenced music the most), which you can see in the video below.  


Immediately after I stopped filming, there was a power cut on the stage so they had to stop mid-set. The audience started singing Beatles songs and after a while, the band joined the crowd and played along, as you can see in the next video.


Later they did another set in these wonderful Sgt Pepper outfits and there was a firework display to finish off the evening.  

on the boardwalk via lovebirds vintage

PS. You can also now follow me on Twitter. See you there?

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a fun night out! I'd love to see a Beatles cover band. My parents played mostly 60s - early 80s music when I was growing up and I practically feel like I was raised on Beatles tunes. I love them to bits and a good cover band is about as close as we'll ever get to the real deal again.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Love your skirt! I'm really happy that ankle length skirt weather is upon us again.

    ReplyDelete