Outfit: Spring Forward

by - 09:00

Pearl Coat

These photos were taken at the same time as the ones in my previous post, but in the end I decided to let the Pearl coat have it's own post because it's just so pretty.

Anyway, this is the outfit I was wearing underneath the coat, which is formed mostly of components I've had for at least 5 years - in fact here is me wearing practically the same outfit (in much warmer weather) in 2013.

Pearl Coat

All of the items are from the high street, but styled in the right way they lend themselves well to a vintage wardrobe. The skirt in particular is very reminiscent of some of the border-print 1950s style skirts available from lots of retro and repro shops but in fact came from Primark. If I remember rightly they also had a few different patterns available in the style at the time, which I am sad to this day I didn't buy. Of course this purple one is so pretty (and even has it's own built-in petticoat) and it honestly deserves to get worn a lot more often than I reach for it. I think because I no longer have that many other things in my wardrobe that match it colour-wise, but this keeps surviving any wardrobe culls because deep down I really love it.

Pearl Coat

Pearl Coat

Recently I'm really loving my hair in a roll; it's very practical for bad weather and as a bonus it doesn't matter whether or not I have curled my hair. I use a hair rat, and just twist the sides a little bit then hide any mistakes or messy bits with hair flowers, which is pretty much one of the most useful hair tricks I know. I'll definitely be rocking this as a fairly quick and easy hairstyle for early mornings this Spring.

Pearl Coat


Wearing:
Skirt - very old, Primark | Top and cardigan - both very old, high street somewhere
Tights - high street, probably Primark | Shoes - Everything5Pounds
Hair flowers - Primark

Let's get social!

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I really love your outfit, especially the skirt. It is something I would like to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love find ways to work fast fashion into vintage looks, and this works so well that I wouldn't have even guessed any of it was high street! And the hair is just lovely - can't be a quick, pretty hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find it can work very well if you choose carefully.

      Delete
  3. I use contemporary clothes too, there is a lot of clothes that are timeless that still can be used to evoke the 50s even if it wasn't made then. It doesn't always have to be fully vintage to have a vintage look. I like how you put these items together. Much respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right! I love my original vintage but like to mix and match with modern and repro to suit my lifestyle. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete