Outfit: 10 feet tall

by - 10:33

Dress - vintage | Shoes - Deichmann | Stockings - Ann Summers

I do love a good shirtwaist, don't you? And check prints are, as ever, my favourite. In case you're new around these parts, this is the latest instalment in "Helen owns 800 million items of clothing in plaid". I have nearly enough plaid to qualify as a long lost Winchester sibling. 


This is my outfit that I wore to work on Sunday this week - I really felt like it could have done with being topped off with a hat, but I think most people would find it at least a little bit strange if I wore a hat to work. 

I am thinking this dress might not get that many more outings this year - it's a pretty light cotton and if we get a winter as cold as last year's, it won't be any good at all. 

Today's title is from White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane because that first photo somehow reminds me of the lovely Alice. She is my favourite Disney lady and such a wonderful literary character. 


You May Also Like

15 comments

  1. Lovely dress, I do like the colors!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever title and I definitely see it in that 1st photo! I'm with you on the plaid thing. What is it that draws your wallet out?! I have waaaaaay more plaid than anything else, but they are so classically sweet!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is about plaid but it sucks me in every time! I've been actively looking for more in my recent shopping choices :)

      Delete
  3. Love this dress, and your stockings, where did you get them from? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Ann Summers! I wrote a little list of where all my things are from under the first picture in case you'd like any other information :)

      Delete
  4. Shirtwaists are such a classic! And I love the colors.

    And I say, wear a hat to work! Do it!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might give it a try! It would be a conversation starter if nothing else. :)

      Delete
  5. Really charming dress, dear gal - love the colour palette at work here! I highly doubt I could ever tire of, or own too much, plaid either - especially when it's vintage plaid. Chalk it up to the rich history of logging in Canada, if you like, but I've been smitten with plaid ever since I was a wee lass and don't see any signs of that passion letting up now that I'm thoroughly an adult.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps we could start our own Lumberjill trend in clothing!

      Delete
  6. lovely dress and cute pictures ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress! I'm also drawn to both plaid at the shirtwaist style of dress! Visiting from the link-up you're hosting, and a new bloglovin' follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Dress! I just found you via Chatter Blossom. Looking forward to all the plaid eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm sure there will be plenty of plaid yet to come :)

      Delete