Outfit: A Little Bit of Jackie

by - 10:00

Pink 1950s dress outfit

This is the second set of photos Lexie took for me using the 50mm lens that I mentioned in this post. Like the others, these are not quite as sharp as they could be, but hopefully by the time you are actually reading this post we might have sorted things out.

Anyway, camera niggles aside, this stunning original 1950s dress is a relatively new addition to my wardrobe, having been purchased sometime towards the end of last year. I actually wore it on Christmas day but never got around to photographing it and as it's definitely evening wear, I haven't had an occasion to wear it since. I love the beautiful bows up the back, although this isn't a dress that I can manage to get into by myself as it features both a back zip and about 4 or 5 hooks and eyes in various places. I also really love that unusual V back and the pretty sash, although its made of a very creasy material and it has pleats which I keep telling myself I won't buy because I absolutely hate ironing them, especially when the dress is just going to crease up anyway.

For these photos we went a little bit Jackie O inspired with pearls and my black pillbox (which you can also see in this haul). We also picked out the same cream bag that I included in the last outfit we shot together to help break up the black-on-black-on-black effect of my hat, gloves and coat. I think we will reshoot the dress another time with some other accessories (and hopefully better luck with our camera equipment!)

Pink 1950s dress outfit

Pink 1950s dress outfit

Pink 1950s dress outfit

Pink 1950s dress outfit


Wearing:
Dress - 1950s vintage | Gloves - charity shop | Hat and bag - gifts
Pearl necklace - Sheena Holland Vintage (closed down)
Bracelets - very very old, high street somewhere
Shoes - Deichmann | Coat - Hell Bunny via Rock Collection



Let's get social!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. What a gorgeous dress, and such a divine overall look! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love that back detail - what a way to walk away. Love the styling and that gorgeous coat as well.

    Jessica
    Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete