Outfit: Aubergine

by - 09:00

Satin Blouse

I bought this beautiful blouse in the Lindy Bop sale after Christmas (along with a skirt I'll photograph when I get the chance) and I finally got around to wearing it for a day out around town. Does anyone else but me refuse to wear new things until I've been able to photograph them? It's a weird attitude I've picked up since I started blogging! I'm really looking forward to being able to wear it for work though; it's the perfect secretary chic kind of item.

Here I wore the blouse with my wool trousers for a 1940s-inspired outfit which I really enjoyed wearing. Apologies for the creases, I'd been wearing it all day and I Must. Learn. Not. To slouch!

Satin Blouse

Satin Blouse

Satin Blouse

Satin Blouse

Thanks to Lexie for the pictures.


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Yep that's exactly how I am - I won't wear something out unless I've been able to take photos of it first haha. I'm glad it's not just me! That blouse is a gorgeous style and colour, I had no idea Lindybop did blouses, I will have to check them out :D

    Deco Darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to not wear things until I can take photos of them, for sure, but sometimes I make the mistake of ironing something ready for the photos, then putting it on anyway because I really like it and having to repeat the process. So your way is much less time-consuming! This is a good Lindy Bop find; I just worry with things like this about the material and how much they make you... 'glow'!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit worried about the material as well in case it looked cheap, but it's actually a nice quality in terms of the feeling and weight of the material and it's not too shiny or easily creased. It's not "plasticy" like some very cheap satin.

      Delete
  3. It's a fabulous blouse - and the colour is perfect on you! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the style and colour of your blouse - your trousers are great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! That is one of my favourite colours ever. It teams so nicely with a huge array of other shades and seems to suit the winter months especially well.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete