Outfit: Fruity Cutie

by - 09:00

vintage 1950s outfit

I wore this outfit to go out to dinner with some friends I hadn't seen in some time. I chose it mainly because I didn't wear this skirt all summer and it's just too pretty to let summer pass by completely without wearing it. Unfortunately the summer was already more or less over which meant some indoor photos of dubious quality, sob sob.

vintage 1950s outfit

Don't mind my petticoat having slipped a bit, just focus on that adorable apple border pattern ;) I do enjoy it. I'm wondering if I might be able to make it do for colder Autumn and Winter weather by layering it with another petticoat. I don't have another one at the moment that would be suitable but I wouldn't mind a shorter green one to go with it.

Now for a really special part to the outfit:

vintage 1950s outfit

vintage 1950s outfit

This top is actually a little romper suit with the back and sides made of lace. In this case I've put a basic black camisole underneath just because otherwise it's a bit too va-va-voom for an average Thursday, but I'd love to wear it one time for an evening do with nothing underneath to show off those great lace panels. I wear it with a skirt over the top even though it has little shorts at the bottom, but when I first bought it I did think about wearing it in the summer with a kimono or something over the top. It's something I'd still like to try, but honestly I'm not sure it ever gets hot enough in England for me to feel comfortable! I'm that person who's always cold, even when everyone else is melting.

I didn't manage to get a good photo of the charm bracelet you can see in some of the photos (or the ring I'm wearing which is juuuuust visible in the first picture) but all the charms are either hearts or ladybirds. It's a "lovebug" theme, haha. I really ought to collect some more charms for it; I don't wear it as often as I should.

vintage 1950s outfit

Cardigan - Tesco, old | Romper - vintage | Skirt - Tara Starlet, old
Petticoat - maybe Lady V London? | Shoes - Deichmann | Hair flower - Primark
Charm bracelet and earrings - gifts


Let's get social!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Bloglovin' | Twitter

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Racy lacey! I recognise the TS skirt, I love that brand. Very cute outfit. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely darling outfit! That skirt is soooo sweet and pretty. You look fabulous, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete