Venus in Blue Jeans

by - 10:00

The company I work for has recently started to redecorate in a really cool retro style. I went in to work a couple of weekends ago to discover we've now got a juke box so I went in on one of my days off to get some photos. I may also go back in another day to take some photos with some of the other retro décor items as I'm very excited about the way it looks.


Juke Box

I decided on a 1950s teenager inspired look featuring my second pair of Freddies of Pinewood jeans. I wear my grey pair on a regular basis, although I tend to style them more or less the same way every time which is why I've only featured them on the blog once so far. I'm looking forward to the summer when I can wear them with some wedges. I am so glad that I finally got around to adding a couple of pairs of these into my wardrobe as they're very useful for colder weather, and I really enjoy wearing them. I think jeans can sometimes get a bit forgotten in vintage wardrobes or they're dismissed as being "not vintage enough", but provided you shop for the right style then you can wear them without feeling like you're compromising on a period-accurate look.

Just like with my other pair of Freddies, I sized down on these and it was the right decision. I'm really pleased with the fit of them. You can read more about my experience with the sizing of Freddies here.

Juke Box
Pick a song
Juke Box

Wearing:
Freddies of Pinewood 1950s Utility Jeans | Shirt - Old, Primark | Cardigan - Tesco, last year
Shoes - Deichmann | Socks - Primark | Scarf - Vintage



She's Venus in blue jeans
Mona Lisa with a ponytail
She's walkin' talkin' work of art
She's the girl who stole my heart



You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Your workplace must look so cool, it even has the black and white check flooring! I love those jeans you're wearing, they are so different to modern ones, I didn't realise they had changed so much over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I love your sock hop look! The little ponytail is the perfect finish with this. I've been eyeing a pair of Freddie's for the longest time, it's just so hard to talk myself into something so practical (and not cheap, either) when there are so many pretty, fluttery things out there vying for my attention. You make them look so cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! :) Jessica is right, the sock hop look is totally fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I currently don't wear jeans as I am not that fond of denim but these look great on you and may tempt me to reconsider!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome - much like your absolutely lovely jeans and sweater/jumper ensemble. Surely I can't be the only one who thinks ever workplace would be better with a jukebox? :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete