Festé

by - 08:30

I handed in a completed draft copy of my thesis on Thursday this week, so I was able to have a free Friday and Saturday (had to work on Sunday at my weekend job) to go to the arts festival in town. I've posted about it before, and we did go last year although I don't think I ever put any photos up.

This year we didn't get to see as many of the performances as we have done in previous years, but we still saw some really amazing acts, starting with Southpaw dance company doing their interpretation of Faust. I wasn't close enough to get photos of the performance, but let me direct you towards their website where you can watch a trailer for their act. They mix swing dance with break dance and pyrotechnics; it's visually stunning and totally inspired. I was in raptures over the music and the standard of the dancing - it turns out swing and break dancing make a great mix, and overall the performance was captivating. If you get the chance to see the group perform (they do seem to tour both inside and outside of the UK but I can't seem to find their tour dates anywhere) I would highly recommend that you check them out.

Here's the rest of Friday evening...

derby festé

derby festé

derby festé

And Saturday...

derby festé

derby festé

derby festé

derby festé

derby festé

derby festé

derby festé

You May Also Like

0 comments