Updates - Instagram, Blogging, Life

by - 09:30

Over the last few months I've been far less active online (both blogging and social media etc) than I have previously. I've been really busy with "real life"which has included lots of work, moving to a new flat, and trips to here, there and everywhere. I'm working really hard at my Ph.D. with research (lab and fieldwork), LOTS of paperwork, speaking at conferences, and attending training. Added to this, I don't have proper internet at home at the moment so I'm relying entirely on my phone in the evenings and weekends. I'm tired and need a holiday, but happy to say I'm keeping on trucking and just about surviving ;) It feels like everything is happening all at once; hands up who else would like to just stop being an adult for a while?!

Although I'm somewhat less active here and on most social media, I have been maintaining a reasonable presence on Instagram where amongst other things I've been posting fairly regular outfit photos. If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'd love to see you join me there! Here are a few recent outfits:

A photo posted by @helenmaegreen on




A photo posted by @helenmaegreen on

So apart from taking selfies in the same location several times a week (and, um, working obviously), what else have I been up to?


I enjoyed some cuddle time with my friend's new kitten, who is an absolute darling. I really recommend kitten therapy for the highly stressed, the little pink paws and eyebrow whiskers are guaranteed to help with facing any of life's less fun times.

A photo posted by @helenmaegreen on

I also was lucky enough to be able to visit beautiful Budapest on one of my many recent trips (all the others were in the UK) and although I was there for work, I did manage to grab a few photos of the town, most of which I'll be sharing in a blog post that I hope to have ready soon.

A photo posted by @helenmaegreen on

Everything else has been more or less the usual. I treat myself about once or twice a week to a "special" coffee either by way of a break or to help keep me motivated. My current poison is actually the iced frappés from Wetherspoons (which are way cheaper than Starbucks or Costa, just FYI) and I try to go running at least occasionally to help burn the calories off...

Well, I should go now and get on with some more work. Wish me good luck and strong willpower to get it finished! xoxo


Let's get social!

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. You're a busy lady! I too am struggling to find as much online time with my PhD. It's great to have Instagram, so quick and easy! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy little bumblebee you are! (ok I tried to make a bug joke, gonna stop now)

    I also have been a bit lax with blogging, and am happy to have instagram. I can't wait to see your post about your trip to Budapest! <3

    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, if someone is dishing out breaks from being an adult, I'll happily take one, pretty please. ;) (Sorry, it's been "one of those weeks" and then some...)

    Great OOTDs - I especially like that beautiful blue floral print wiggle dress.

    Have a fabulous start of summer!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete